- About Us
- Video Courses
- Contact Us
API Testing Package : Postman (Functional) – JMeter (Performance)
What is an API?
API stands for Application Programming Interface, which specifies how one component should interact with the other. It consists of a set of routines, protocols and tools for building the software applications.
What is an API Testing?
The API Testing is performed for the system, which has a collection of API that ought to be tested. During Testing, a test of following things is looked at.
Exploring boundary conditions and ensuring that the test harness varies parameters of the API calls in ways that verify functionality and expose failures.
Generating more value added parameter combinations to verify the calls with two or more parameters.
Verifying the behavior of the API which is considering the external environment conditions such as files, peripheral devices, and so forth.
Verifying the Sequence of API calls and check if the API’s produce useful results from successive calls.
This course provide API testing coverage by using Following tools
- Functional Testing using Postman
- Performance Testing using JMeter
Who is the target audience?
- Manual Testers looking for opportunities in API Automation Testing
- Freshers, looking for opportunities in Software Testing domain
- Different type of Services : Soap and Rest
- Difference between Soap and Rest Services
- Advantage of Rest services or Soap services
- Different methods in Rest Services
Basic understanding of JSON
- Setup Postman on Windows machine
- Basic understanding of Postman Window
- Endpoint and Resource
- Sample Rest API For Practice – GET Request
- First Test Case : GET Request
- Rest API with Parameters
What is Rest API with Parameters
Test Case : GET Request : Parameters
- Validate Status Code
- Validate Response Time
- Sample Rest API Project for Practice
- Test Case : Post Request
- Test Case : Put Request
- Test Case : Delete Request
- Test Case : Patch Request
- Different type of steps in JMeter
- Execution Order of Element – Part 1
- Execution Order of Element – Part 2
- Create and Use Variables
- Use Java in JMeter
- Web Service Performance Testing (SOAP)
- Rest API Testing – GET Method
- Rest API Testing – POST Method
- Rest API Testing – PUT Method
- Rest API Testing – DELETE Method